FUMC Austin has officially launched its search for a new Youth Director, a process expected to take 3-6 months. The search committee listed below in partnership with Ministry Architects will oversee all aspects of the hiring process. All interested parties, should direct their inquiries to Aly Eaton at email@example.com.
Director of Youth Ministry – Full-Time
The Director of Youth Ministry oversees and directs the youth ministry by developing and living into a comprehensive vision for the ministry, ministering directly to youth (grades 6-12) and their families through Christ-centered programs, activities, and relationship building.
- Visioning: The Director of Youth Ministry works with a team of parents and other committed adults to develop and evaluate the short-term (1 year) and the long-term (3-5 years) vision for the youth ministry at FUMC that includes faith development and growth through: fellowship, mission, Bible study, relationships, and church involvement.
- Relationships: The Director of Youth Ministry ensures that relationships are being built between the youth, church staff, volunteers, and the church as a whole. These relationships show guidance, support, and encouragement in their faith development and in all other aspects of their lives. Equally, the Director of Youth Ministry should seek to build relationships with the parents of the youth to support and encourage them as they seek to raise faithful teenagers.
- Programs: The Director of Youth Ministry, in collaboration with an invested team of people, oversees all programs and special events through hands-on ministry with youth (grades 6-12) and their families.
- Recruiting: The Director of Youth Ministry works with a team of invested adults to recruit and train volunteers who support all the different aspects of the youth ministry.
- Other: The Director of Youth Ministry reports to the senior pastor, participates in weekly staff meetings, and completes other duties as assigned by the senior pastor.
To download a printable pdf of the full job description, click here.
Youth Ministry Search Team Members
Madison is a senior at Bowie High school where she is on the newspaper staff and in the student leadership program. She has three siblings and is an active member of the FUMC youth program, including three years at ASP.
Sarah is a mother of four and a preschool teacher. She enjoys volunteering with the FUMC youth program – particularly Connect, the introduction to the youth group for 5, 6 and 7th graders. She is an active member of the Drop-In Sunday school class which welcomes visitors and members alike to come and study God’s word together.
|Rev. Taylor Fuerst
Taylor was appointed as Senior Pastor at FUMC in July 2016. She served churches in the Houston area prior to moving to Austin. Taylor cares a lot about ministry with young people, as she was a participant in a thriving youth ministry in her teenage years. She is now the mother of three future youth group members.
Kelly grew up in FUMC Austin and was baptized, confirmed, and married in our church. Kelly’s two children also grew up in FUMC Austin. They were baptized, confirmed, participate in youth, and attended mission trips with our church. Kelly is currently serving on the Staff Parish Relations Committee.
Pete has been a member of FUMC Austin for over 30 years. His three children were raised in our church and were active in the youth group. Pete sang in the Sanctuary Choir for many years, has served on a number of FUMC committees, is a Sunday School teacher, and is currently the vice-chair of the Administrative Board.
Kennedy has attended FUMC Austin her entire life and will be a senior in high school next year. She’s a member of the Youth Ministries team and is actively involved with the youth program and the 9:00 worship service.
Gordon is a long-time member of FUMC Austin. He has served on several FUMC committees and worked the Feed My People breakfast for many years. But Gordon’s main calling has been to work with the junior and senior high youth ministry. Gordon has been involved in our youth ministry for over 20 years, and this year will be his 24th ASP.