Each month we highlight a ministry that we see transforming lives with the invitation to support with your prayers and donations above and beyond your regular giving. This month’s Mission Emphasis supports ministry with our neighbors through the Emergency Assistance Fund (EAF), which allows us to provide direct assistance to our neighbors in need. Here are a few of the ways this fund has been utilized so far this year:
• Work boots for unhoused neighbors beginning new jobs;
• Stop-gap support to help people
remain in their current housing and avoid homelessness;
• Assistance to secure vital documents, such as IDs and birth certificates;
• Food handler’s permits;
• Toiletries, socks, and underwear for our Shower Ministry;
• Long-distance bus tickets for those stranded in the midst of a journey;
• Emergency payment of cell phone bills to keep this lifeline open for those on the street;
• Supplies for Manna Bags, the packages of non-perishables and
socks that help meet daily needs;
• Individual, unpredictable needs that come our way.
Your gifts, marked “Emergency Assistance,” may be brought to worship, mailed to or brought by the church office, or made online at fumcaustin.org/giving and following the step-by-step instructions. Be sure to select “Emergency Assistance” from the drop-down menu.