The 2018 ASP Team will be serving in Kentucky, June 15-26, 2018.
Those who have signed up need to make the following meetings:
- Sunday, November 19 at 12:15 p.m. ASP Team and Parent Meeting
- Saturday, March 3 at 9:00 a.m. Construction Workshop
- Sunday, March 4 at 12:15 p.m. ASP Team Meeting
- Saturday, April 7 at 9:00 a.m. Construction Workshop
- Sunday, April 29 at 12:15 p.m. ASP Team and Parent Meeting
- Sunday, May 20 at 12:15 p.m. ASP Team Meeting
- Sunday, June 10 at 11:00 a.m. Team Commissioning
- Sunday, June 10 at 12:15 ASP Team and Parent Meeting
What is Appalachia Service Project?
Appalachia Service Project, or ASP, is First UMC’s high school summer mission trip. Each year a team of youth and adults travel to the Appalachian Mountains to spend a week in service building wheelchair ramps, fixing roofs, and building relationships. Through our participation with ASP, our high school youth are helping eradicate substandard housing in Appalachia.
ASP’s Guiding Principles
- We believe that each person is a child of God imbued with dignity and worth
- We accept people right where they are and just the way they are.
- We believe that affordable, safe, sanitary housing is a basic human right.
- We are committed to witness through the good quality of our work and careful stewardship of our resources.
- We believe God calls volunteers to serve others as partners in ministry and we will encourage their growth in faith as they are involved in this service.
- We believe where ASP is involved in local communities we will encourage, affirm, and support social and economic justice
Please contact Devon Bailey at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information about this trip.
Below are pictures from our 2017 ASP trip!