FUMC believes that Christian Education is vital to Christian development and nurturing. We also believe that Sunday School is a key element to a well grounded Christian Education Program. Therefore, we offer Sunday School for toddlers through 5th grade each week. Our Sunday School program helps children grow in their understanding of God’s love by studying scripture, prayer, the sacraments and discovering what it means to be a valued member of the body of Christ and this church.
Toddlers and two-year-olds use the “Toddlers and Two’s” resource, which employs a variety of activities and music to expose them to God’s love. Children from 3 years old through 2nd grade use Godly Play, which is a Montessori style of presenting the Bible stories to the children and encouraging them to respond. Those in 3rd through 5th grade use “Exploring Faith” as their main resource, which teaches children about the Bible, how to apply it to their daily lives, and the importance of service to others. All resources used are United Methodist approved and are available for review at any time.
Our wonderful volunteer teachers devote themselves to nurturing your children throughout the year.
- Pre-K-3s: Leslie Story, Jennifer Gius, Brenda Prothro
- Pre-K-4s-5s: Pam Coronado
- Kindergarten: Jennifer Bevel, Catherine Waggoner, Brad Buchanan, Judy Funke, Lori Huang
- 1st-2nd: Melanie Dow, Stephen Dulaney, Alma Contreras, Chris Funke, Marijo Hartman
- 3rd: Becky Strandwitz, Suzanne Wacha
- 4th-5th: Carrie Dulaney, TJ Turner, Trevor Harper, Sarah Whitley
- Manna Bags: Christal McDonald, Mike McDonald, Craig Blome, Monica Choi, Tamra Golden
All volunteers that work with our youth and children have had a background check, signed our safety policy and received safety and abuse training. If you are interested in learning more about opportunities to serve as a volunteer teacher, please contact Lara Greene at email@example.com.