Building a community together
Church Building Closed
In order to ensure the safety of our congregation, the church building is closed until further notice. Many opportunities for worship, faith formation, and connection are offered online. To get connected with our Young Adult Ministry, please contact Dr. Brad King, Associate Pastor at email@example.com.
FEAST/TOAST for Young Adults
FEAST is a dinner gathering for young adults (roughly ages 20–45) to build community and dig into the more difficult side of faith together. Led by Dr. Brad King, FEAST is a modern take on the most ancient form of Christian communal worship: the love feast. In addition to delicious food, these meetings are focused on creating meaningful and personal interactions among individuals seeking more connection and engagement in a faith-interested atmosphere.
Past and planned topics include:
- How do progressive Christians conceive of Creationism?
- What role should the Bible have in American politics
- Should Christians believe in ghosts? (a special Halloween event)
- What does the bible say about sexuality?
- How should Christians approach the death penalty?
These aren’t easy questions and, in fact, our goal isn’t to provide clean or easy answers. Rather, we want you to come and engage in these tough conversations with people you might not encounter or engage with in your day-to-day lives but who, like you, want to share a meal and learn about someone else’s journey. Join us to FEAST on the Spirit, on Scripture, on good food, and on great conversation. Questions? Contact Brad King at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Below is our typical monthly schedule, but always check the events calendar to verify!
- 1st Sunday No FEAST. Consider attending the Conversations on Racial Justice conversation!
- 2nd Sunday TOAST Virtual Happy Hour check-in at 5:00-6:30 p.m.
- 3rd Sunday TOAST Virtual Happy Hour check-in at 5:00-6:30 p.m.
- 4th Sunday Virtual FEAST! 7:30-9:00 p.m. (dinner during our fellowship)
- 5th Sunday No FEAST. Consider attending the Mercy and Justice 5th Sunday presentation.