The 31st annual Texas Legislative Event is the annual three days of learning, engagement, and advocacy. Sponsored by all five Conference United Methodist Women organizations in the State of Texas, this event is open to anyone, whether a member of UMW or not, who wants to learn about and participate in public policy. The program includes speakers on key issues, breakout sessions by congressional district, workshops, and legislative visits to the Capitol.
Registration for the 31st annual Texas Legislative Event is open. Early registration and hotel registration closes on January 6, 2019.
- For mail-in registration, please click here for the form, which can be printed and mailed to the registrar with payment. (The form is fill-able, meaning that information can be typed directly on it and then the finished form can be printed out.) Hotel registration is to be made directly with the hotel: Holiday Inn Austin Midtown, 512-451-5757. See the registration form for information.
- For online registration and payment, please click here. Hotel registration is to be made directly with the hotel.
2018 – Action and Advocacy
- January 28-30 – UMW Legislative Event
- February 11 – Unit Meeting – Lunch and Learn with TX Legislature staffers
- April 29 – UMW Sunday/5th Sunday Social Justice presentation
- May-June – Action Groups engage with legislators, research maternal health topics; Unit Meeting (not scheduled yet)
- August-October – Get-out-the-vote in the community; continue Action Groups; Unit Meeting (not scheduled yet)
- November 16 – Election Day