June 29 – July 3
This June, a group of middle school youth and adults from First, Saint John’s and University UMC’s will serve together right here in Austin through Reach Beyond Mission (RBM). RBM is an inclusive mission trip organization based out of Austin with a focus on mission, social justice, and youth empowerment. The group will spend a week preparing and serving food to the hungry in Austin. They will learn about sustainable food and work in urban gardens. They will learn about the issues surrounding hunger and poverty in Austin, in the United States, and in our world. They will talk to people who work daily for food justice, and they will explore ways to advocate for food justice in their own communities and in the world.
The goals of Reach Beyond Mission are to provide opportunities for youth to:
- EXPLORE ways to spend a lifetime changing the systems that cause poverty;
- LEARN how to make a lasting impact with voice and vote, lifestyle and career choice;
- DO real work in communities with real need;
- TALK to real people in social service, public policy, education, and other ministries;
- GROW in understanding, to be partners in bringing about the realm of God, following the teachings of Jesus.
Support our middle school youth and the adults serving with them with your prayers as they give a week of their summer reaching beyond mission.