Parable of the Good Samaritan
This year’s July Mission Emphasis will support ministry with our neighbors through the Emergency Assistance Fund (EAF). Through the Emergency Assistance Fund, our church offers direct assistance to our neighbors in need. We provide:
- Work boots for those entering a new construction job, often following incarceration;
- Stop-gap support to help people remain in their current housing and help people avoid homelessness;
- Assistance to secure vital documents, such as ID’s, birth certificates, and food handlers permits.
- Long-distance bus tickets to help those stranded in the midst of a journey;
- Emergency payment of cellular phone bills to keep this lifeline open for those who live on the street;
- Manna bags, a handy package of food, drink, and socks for the day’s needs;
…as well as the individual, unpredictable needs that come our way. While our church buildings are closed due to COVID, we still responding to some of these needs through the Feed My People Breakfast as well as the Homeless Outreach Street Team and agencies working directly with neighbors. As the pandemic continues, we anticipate increased requests for assistance and your generosity will allow us to respond in ways that are life changing and often lifesaving.
You can give online or mail a check to the church throughout the month of July.