Welcome to Worship! We hope you will find this electronic worship experience to be a blessing that helps you stay connected to God and the FUMC Community. Remember, there are several components that you can access—the first two happen live at a particular time, and the last one (the podcast) can be accessed anytime. Follow the instructions below for each.
- Holy Moments for families with younger children | LIVE at 9:00 a.m. on Sunday, a resource for families to worship together from home, produced by Cokesbury, the United Methodist Publishing House. Click here to find out more and sign up!
- Live, Interactive Time of Prayer | LIVE at 11:00 a.m. on Sunday, you are invited to join the Pastoral Staff on a live video feed through Facebook Live. Around 10 minutes of time we share together that includes updates and announcements, an invitation to share prayer requests through chat and comments, and a time to pray together. The atmosphere will be warm and casual—we figure most of you will still be in your pj’s! Grab a candle to light and click here to join in through the FUMC Facebook Page (not through the Facebook group, but through our public page).
- Expanded podcast | After you join us for the live portion of worship, we invite you to continue by listening to this worship podcast. Grab a candle and light it, and turn in your Bible to Romans 8:31-39. This week includes a greeting and opening prayer, scripture reading, sermon, and piano and organ music from our own Scott Davis. This component is available at any time—just click the link. Feel free to share with friends and family as you feel led.
- The church office and buildings are closed through March 22. We will not be holding in-person events, classes or meetings, with only a couple of necessary exceptions.
We are working with class and group leaders to provide opportunities to meet electronically through Zoom, a platform that allows video conferencing with groups of any size. It’s fun and surprisingly effective! Be in touch with your group leader to see if your group will be using this tool. If you need to start your account, click here.
- We are making accommodations to serve our neighbors experiencing homelessness; our staff is in consultation with our ministry partners at Foundation for the Homeless and Mobile Loaves and Fishes to ensure that we can still provide for the needs of the most vulnerable without putting anyone, especially these vulnerable neighbors, at greater risk.
- The April 11th FUMC Community Easter Egg Festival has been cancelled in compliance with Capitol Grounds restrictions on large events.