Bathroom Expansion in Foyer
Early May – June 2016
Thanks to the generosity of a donor, FUMC will begin a bathroom expansion project in the Sanctuary foyer on Monday, May 2. The project will convert the existing 170 sq. ft. small restroom and ancillary room (former usher’s room) on the south side of the Narthex into two single-toilet unisex restrooms equipped with a changing table and accessible ADA-compliant design. The design of the new bathrooms will be in harmony with the historic and architectural style of the sanctuary building. Architectural design is being done by NoackLittle Architecture and Interiors and construction by S. Watts Group. Both companies have been involved in FUMC projects in the past.
Construction will take up to five weeks. Please be patient during our construction and mindful of using bathrooms on lower levels. This project is greatly needed and anticipated! We are grateful for the opportunity to improve our facilities and better accommodate the congregation.
Electrical and Lighting Improvements
Thanks to the generosity of many during our Stewardship campaign, FUMC is proceeding with electrical and lighting improvements that have already made a noticeable difference in the Sanctuary.
- extra channels for expandability in the future;
- more control over dimming the lights to enhance atmosphere during special services such as Holy Week;
- scheduling feature for lighting to improve both energy efficiency and staff productivity when preparing for events; and
- second control panel (identical to downstairs) in the balcony to adjust the Sanctuary lights as needed during a service for special effects.
This technology upgrade will improve lighting across the Sanctuary, especially the choir loft and back pews where lighting was dim and made reading difficult. Now the choir has better lighting to read their music, and those on the back of the Sanctuary have better lighting to view their worship bulletins.
Possible future lighting improvements in the sanctuary include:
- New lights along the east side of the ceiling to provide light for the choir (and the cross);
- Removal of the large lighting fixture in the dome and replacement with hidden LED lighting around the lower rim of the dome.
We hope that you find our brighter sanctuary improves your worship experience. Thank you for your continued financial support of building improvements.