Conference Safety Training
TRUSTed con Confianza Certification
Register with Safe Gatherings
Go to safegatherings.com and click on the red Get Started button. Fill out the online application:
- Select First United Methodist Church of Austin
- DO NOT list Pastor Taylor Fuerst as your clergy reference.
- You CAN list Pastor Cathy Stone as your clergy reference.
- All references, including pastors, MUST have known you at least 6 months.
- You MAY use another professional reference instead of a pastor.
- FUMC lay staff members are happy to serve as your lay reference.
- References WILL be emailed, so please use someone you know personally and notify them to expect a message that requires a response.
Complete the Safe Gatherings Online Training Course
Once you have completed your online application, you will be shown a dashboard of options. The Safe Gatherings training is a 60-90 minute course on safety guidelines and best practices as defined by the state of Texas. It can be completed in sections at your convenience. A final test is required. To begin, click next to Course Completion in your dashboard.
Attend a Trusted Con Confianza Training
Attend a 2-hour facilitated online webinar or an in-person workshop that addresses the details of the Conference policy and safety in ministry settings. Please REGISTER for a training online at riotexas.org/safetrainings.
Your certification is NOT complete until all three steps have been finished. You can check the status of your application on your dashboard at any time. The church receives notification when you are cleared to participate in ministry. For technical questions, contact Safe Gatherings at (888) 241-8258 or email@example.com. For policy or FUMC questions, contact Safety Policy Administrator Emily Buchanan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your dedication and your service!
- 2021 FUMC Child Youth and Vulnerable Adults Safety Policy
- Texas Family Code
- Rio Texas Conference Child, Youth & Vulnerable Adult Safety Policy
- Safe Gatherings
- TRUSTed Con Confianza Training