The Administrative Board met on Sunday, January 26th. The following are some highlights of the meeting:
- Upon recommendation of the Staff-Parish Relations Committee, approved a request from the Reverend Barbara Ruth for a spiritual growth leave from February 16th to April 13th was approved.
- Received the report of the Staff-Parish Relations Committee informing the board of the Reverend Kathleen Jones’ decision to retire at the end of May and of the Reverend Jen Stuart’s decision to seek ordination in the Pacific Northwest Conference or the Oregon-Idaho Conference in light of the actions taken by the Southwest Texas Board of Ministry regarding Mary Ann Barclay’s candidacy.
- Received the report of the Finance Committee detailing the good news in 2013 concerning finances (see the report printed on page 5), stewardship ($1.417m in pledges for 2014 compared to the $1.295m in pledges for 2013), and the Endowment Fund (grew from $6.1m in 2012 to just under $6.4m at the end of 2013).
- Received a report from Lara Greene, Director of Children’s Ministries, regarding the decision by the Coordinating Team to make the annual Easter Egg hunt an outreach event that requires the support from all ministry teams and not just the Children’s Ministries Team.
- Received a report from Darcy Hamre on preliminary plans to celebrate the church’s 175th anniversary, starting on January 18th, 2015.
- Approved a ministry plan (budget) for 2014 with $1,728,831 in projected income and $1,686,717 in projected expenses. (See page 5 for a detailed summary of the 2014 ministry plan.)