Church membership is open to any and all who seek the presence of God in their lives. Baptism is a requirement for membership. If you have not been baptized, please contact one of the pastors to schedule a personal pre-baptism counseling session. If you have been baptized in any denomination, you are free to join whenever your heart is called to do so.
Persons may become members of The United Methodist Church by:
- Vows and profession of faith
- Transfer from another United Methodist Church
- Transfer from another body of the Christian Church
- The renewal of vows if they have lapsed
- Affiliate transfer if they are Methodists and will be in town a short while
- Associate transfer if they belong to another denomination and are in town for a short while.
Profession of faith includes:
- Affirming your baptismal vows
- Commitment to Jesus Christ as Lord
- Commitment to live the Christian life and remain a faithful member of Christ’s Holy Church through your prayers, your presence, your gifts, your service, and your witness.
If you would like to discuss membership, the following options are available to you
- Indicate your interest by filling out the First Steps card in the pews during worship or email Trevor Harper in the church office, (512) 478-5684, ext. 212
- Attend a First Steps session with our pastors offered periodically after the 11:00 a.m. service
Once you are ready to make your commitment, please fill out a membership card found in the pews and come forward when the pastor gives the invitation prior to the last hymn during worship.