A class with pastors prior to joining FUMC
Church membership is open to any and all who seek the presence of God in their lives. Baptism is a requirement for membership. If you have not been baptized, please contact one of the pastors to schedule a personal pre-baptism counseling session. If you have been baptized in any denomination, you are free to join whenever your heart is called to do so.
Persons may become members of The United Methodist Church by:
Vows and Profession of Faith include:
- Transfer from another United Methodist Church
- Transfer from another body of the Christian Church
- The renewal of vows if they have lapsed
- Affiliate transfer if they are Methodists and will be in town a short while
- Associate transfer if they belong to another denomination and are in town for a short while.
Profession of faith includes:
- Affirming your baptismal vows
- Commitment to Jesus Christ as Lord
- Commitment to live the Christian life and remain a faithful member of Christ’s Holy Church through your prayers, your presence, your gifts, your service, and your witness.
If you would like to discuss membership, the following options are available to you.
- Indicate your interest by filling out the First Steps card in the pews during worship or email Trevor Harper in the church office at firstname.lastname@example.org, (512) 478-5684, ext. 212
- Attend a First Steps session with our pastors offered periodically after the 11:00 a.m. service
- Once you are ready to make your commitment, please fill out a membership card found in the pews and come forward when the pastor gives the invitation prior to the last hymn during worship.
Are you interested in joining FUMC? Prior to joining the church, we ask all to participate in a First Steps class to learn about Methodist beliefs and the ministry of FUMC, meet the pastors and other members, and ask questions. For more information, contact Trevor Harper at email@example.com. Register online using the link provided below.
First Steps Registration Form
Prior to joining the church, a secure online First Steps Registration Form will need to be completed in order for the church to collect some basic information about you and/or your family. If you wish to fill out the form prior to First Steps, please click here.
First Steps Classes
Please plan to attend one of our upcoming two-hour sessions.
There are no upcoming events at this time.