7,132 HOURS of service were reported by you during our 175 Days of Service campaign, June 1-November 22 – that is an average of over 40 hours EACH DAY!
Your acts of compassion and generosity comprise a fitting and worthy response to God’s call.
- 40% of your hours were spent supporting First Church’s operations: worship service, music programs, the children and youth ministries, meetings and work for the committees and teams of our church, district, and conference, as well as congregational care and office help.
- 20% of the reported hours went to local schools and youths, through general volunteering in and out of the classrooms, tutoring, mentoring, advocacy, and other services, with special focus on at-risk youths.
- 20% more went to the low-income population, by way of ministries that provide relief for hunger, homelessness, housing repair, as well as advocacy, mentoring, and legal services.
- 2% of your hours went to aiding global missions, immigrants, and refugees.
- The remaining 8% went to a myriad of causes and recipients: veterans, the elderly and homebound, people with special needs, flood response, prison ministries, nature parks and preservation, animal shelters, cultural appreciation, and fine arts.
Thank you so much for diligently reporting your hours these past five months. By capturing your service experiences, we have gained valuable insights that we can use to guide our future programs and focus our efforts on where we want to have the greatest impacts.
To view full report, click 175-Days-Impact-Report.