Renewing Our Commitment to Financial Giving
This Sunday, October 25th is Consecration Sunday when we renew our commitment to financial giving.
We thank you for your generous acceptance of Christian stewardship and pray that you may find the level of giving that is right for you as you progress in your journey of faith. Your pledges are a critical part of how we can make a difference in our church, our community, and our world.
With your generosity, great things are possible for our church to help us address 4 challenge goals as a part of our 2016 vision. To achieve these goals, we estimate needing an additional $65,000 – $80,000 to the 2016 Operating Budget. That is a big step.
- Youth Ministries are expected to grow significantly with a large number of older elementary children soon entering. We need to increase our youth director role from 1/2 time to 3/4 or full time to plan for this growth. $10,000 to $20,000 increase.
- Counseling Ministries are needed to support in-depth counseling for members as well as classes and support groups on topics such as spiritual growth, addiction, marriage counseling, divorce and grief recovery. $10,000 to $15,000 increase.
- Outreach Ministries require additional staffing to better serve the Homeless that come in our doors each week and to help Newcomers get connected with our church. $20,000 increase.
- Facilities Maintenance funds would support annual repair projects such as masonry replacement, stairwell repainting, and new lighting system in the sanctuary, $25,000 increase.
Ways of Giving
Giving helps the church make the best use of its resources. Filling out a pledge form helps our church operate more efficiently by allowing staff and lay leaders to plan programs for next year.
- Give in the Offering Plate. Placing a check in the offering plate each month is our traditional form of giving, but not always easy for a busy family on a Sunday morning.
- Give Online. Paying on our Vanco payment website by debit or credit card is easy to set up, but can also incur additional fees for the church. Credit cards are convenient and help us earn those coveted points, but cost the church, on average, 3.3% in fees. The church budgets up to $1,500 annually in credit card fees. Please consider writing a separate check each year to cover at least part of that convenience fee.
- Give by Bank Draft. Giving by bank draft doesn’t incur the same fees, is secure, and scheduled from the church’s bank to yours for the approved amount. Bank drafts can be arranged with Tom Mays, our church Business Administrator at email@example.com or by calling (512) 478-5684 ext. 205.
Our Giving History
Below are graphical summaries of our giving history including monthly pledges, income sources, and payment type.
This year, we are giving the option to turn in a pledge commitment card or to pledge online using our submission form. We thank you for your generous acceptance of Christian stewardship and pray that you may find the level of giving that is right for you.