At its last regularly scheduled meeting of 2015, our Administrative Board:
- Approved a new FUMC Employee Handbook;
- Approved a resolution asking delegates to General Conference 2016 to consider legislative proposals that will increase inclusiveness in The United Methodist Church;
- Asked the Trustees to draft a policy on open carry of weapons on FUMC property;
- Heard that the church’s finances are sound, apportionments are paid to date, and the capital debt on the Family Life Center has been successfully refinanced with the Texas Methodist Foundation;
- Noted that the community-wide Easter Egg Hunt is set for March 26;
- Received an update on the fall stewardship campaign and on additional ministries that could happen if the church’s budget were increased slightly.